Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Graduation a time of reflection

Monday evening I attended my nephew, William's high school graduation. I sat with his proud parents and thoroughly enjoyed the festive evening.  Somewhere during the ceremony I drifted off into thoughts of my own high school years and senior graduation.  Some reflections:

--High school was fun for me--hanging out with friends, playing french horn in the orchestra, battling 4'11" Tony Betterton on the tennis court (truly Mutt and Jeff--I won the match)
--Family life chaotic at times--I gave my folks a rough go of it--sorry about that Mom and Dad
--Excited about attending College of the Sequoias, until I had my first course and realized they were serious about learning--who'da thunk?
--Losing touch with long-time friends as we went our separate ways into adulthood
--Gaining new friends--and then losing touch with them as well in the years ahead
--After two years at COS, departing for two wonderful and long years in Argentina preaching and teaching the restored gospel of Christ

As the song goes "Thanks for the memories".

No comments:

Post a Comment