Friday, February 19, 2010

What I'd like to do today...

Mulling over my options for today...mostly mundane tasks...my mind began to wander, my imagination taking control--here's some things I'd like to do today if I could:
--Charter a plane and fly to Tucson, Phoenix, Atlanta, Boston, Fresno--to visit my distant kids, grandkids, siblings and mother
--Learn to ride a horse and play polo
--Organize a southern gospel singing group with me on bass
--Walk along an abandoned train track
--Build a raft, stock it with supplies and float down the Mississippi river
--Walk barefoot on the beach at Cayucos
--Go to an Emmylou Harris concert
--Take a road trip and visit every national park in the USA
--Lay on my back on a green hill with the warm sun above and look at the white clouds passing by and see what figures and shapes they make
--Go to the temple with my eternal sweetheart
--Help someone in need
--Grow a full beard and mustache
--Write a novel

But instead, I think I'll go to Ft. Lewis to pick up Melba and my medications....

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you went with the best choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You choices sound so wonderful! I would add many of the same ones to my list, if I ever had time to write one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, the monotony of daily life! I'm sure Mom was glad you chose to pick her up, and it's probably a good idea to garner your meds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the interest of time, I've consolidated a few of your wishes. I really think this is doable and will get you maybe half way through them:

    Put a saddle on Emmylou Harris, load supplies and climb onto her back. Ride her barefoot down some train tracks all the way to the coast while singing bass (she can sing Alto if she'd like). During the ride, don't shave. By the time you arrive at the beach, presto...beard! Oh, and every now and then, look up...clouds! :)

    ReplyDelete