Thursday, January 14, 2010

Never thought I'd start a blog!

Not sure why I've started a blog--some reasons that come to mind:
--chance to improve writing skills
--like to embarrass myself
--want to stay tech-savvy
--enjoy reading family blogs--Doreen, Amy, Trina, Tori--thought I'd contribute my 2 cents
--over-inflated sense of self
--exercise in self-discipline--was impressed with Amy's 365 day effort
--blogging is the new journaling
--don't know how to get a life so will make one up

Off to MAMC (Madigan Army Medical Center) this morning--Melba finally has her appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to discuss surgery on her gimpy knee.






3 comments:

  1. didn't know doreen had a blog
    can i assume that a)because you read my blog and b)some of the reasons you started a blog ("like to embarrass myself" and "over-inflated sense of self"- that you think the same things about my intentions for blogging? you've figured me out! :)

    congratulations on your first post. i hope to read many more.

    p.s. thanks for the shout-out regarding my self-discipline. those are words i never thought i'd hear relating to myself. :) yay for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you started a blog! Our whole family will enjoy reading your posts, a keeping up with your thoughts on life. Technology is a wonderful thing. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete